Last update: 5 September 2006
- The Cloud Appreciation SocietyA fun web location dedicated to the beauty of clouds. Offers lovely photographic examples, poetry and shopping.
Thanks to Warren Wiscombe for reference.
- Climate Data Plotting pageHere you can plot time series of United States climate information at a location or aggregated for an ecoprovince; you can also specify an elevation range.
Courtesy Jeff Hicke (NREL, CSU)
- Status of the Sierra NevadaSierra Nevada Ecosystem Project; Final Report to Congress
Courtesy Tony Westerling
- Western Governor's Association (WGA) Drought ResolutionPlease click here for a copy of the Western Governor's Association (WGA) Drought Resolution that was adopted on Tuesday June 14, 2005
- Climate Analysis Indicators Tool (CAIT)CAIT offers the most comprehensive and comparable database on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other indicators relevant to climate change policy. The new version includes updated data and a range of new features, listed below. A new beta module of CAIT, pertaining to U.S. states (CAIT-U.S.), is also now available on the CAIT website. With almost 4,000 users from more than 140 countries, CAIT is rapidly becoming a common GHG information platform used by governments, advocates, industry, academia, and the media.
- Global Change at the National AcademiesThe National Academies carry out a wide range of activities on issues related to global-scale changes in climate, land use and land cover, oceans and freshwater resources, atmospheric chemistry, and ecological systems resulting from natural variability or human influences, and the potential impacts of these changes on human systems and ecosystems. Our activities in the broad area of global change are overseen by a number of boards, standing committees, and other units from throughout the National Academies.
- GreenHouse Gas Online: All about greenhouse gas scienceThe primary aim of Greenhouse Gas Online is to provide a freely available and up to date resource dedicated to greenhouse gas news and scientific publications. As you navigate through the site you will find links to numerous news articles and hundreds of scientific abstracts from greenhouse gas related papers. Increased awareness of climate change science and the issues surrounding global warming is vital if our attempts to tackle this complex problem are ultimately to succeed. The site has also been accepted as part of the National Grid for Learning in the UK, an online resource and portal site aimed at increasing the availability of free online educational resources.
- The Pew Center on Global Climate ChangeThe Pew Center on Global Climate Change was established in 1998 as a non-profit, non-partisan and independent organization. The Center's mission is to provide credible information, straight answers, and innovative solutions in the effort to address global climate change.
- NOAA Climate Transition Program (NCTP)The NOAA Climate Transition Program (NCTP) is a new program within the NOAA Climate Office that supports transition of climate information tools and management insights into user-relevant products. It facilitates the development of new or enhanced regional products, information delivery technology, and sustained and systematic communication and feedback, especially at the grass roots level. The program goals are to focus NOAA funds to facilitate transition of climate information tools.
- The CAP Weather Page
- PACLIM: Pacific Climate WorkshopsInformation on current and previous workshops. These annual meetings, which involve 80-100 participants, reflect broad interests in the climatologies associated with the Pacific Ocean and western Americas in both the northern and southern hemispheres. Participants have included atmospheric scientists, hydrologists, glaciologists, oceanographers, limnologists, and both marine and terrestrial biologists. A major goal of PACLIM is to provide a forum for exploring the insights and perspectives of each of these many disciplines, and for understanding the critical linkages between them.
- CAFE - California Association for Fire Ecology (UC Davis)The California Association for Fire Ecology (CAFE) is an organization of professionals dedicated to improving the knowledge and use of fire in land management. CAFE is accomplishing these goals through sponsoring symposia, short courses and a summer field institute.
- California Recreation LinksLinks to ski/snow, surf/sand, Yosemite National Park and other tourism destinations in California.
- Favorite Links from CAP PeopleLinks to ski/snow, surf/sand, Yosemite National Park and other tourism destinations in California.
- Water Survey of CanadaHydrologic information and data for Canada. The Water Survey of Canada, in operation since 1908, runs this web site offering information and data for variables such as streamflow, runoff and ecozones in a country that contains an estimated 9 percent of the world's renewable water supply.
- Links to Global Hydrologic DataFrom the World Meteorological Organization, an excellent resource of links to global and national/regional hydrologic data. Thanks to Dave Harvey in the Monitoring Science and Strategies Division at Environment Canada for this link.
- Pacific Northwest Climate ImpactsThe Climate Impacts Group assesses climate impacts by working through the causal chain of the regional consequences of fluctutaions in climate, from climate dynamics, to climate impacts, to policy response strategies.
- CAP Reference List
- The Virtual Center for Decadal Climate Variability StudiesThis web site aims to foster speedier communication within the global, decadal climate variability community; serve as a facility to access long-term data sets of various types, integrated with analysis and visualization software; and allow collaborative planning and execution of data set intercomparisons, multi-model experiments, and observing-system studies.
- Interactive Weather Forecast MapFrom the California Nevada River Forecast Center
This handy interactive map leads to forecasts and recent observations for California and other western states (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona)
- Rainfall maps for CaliforniaFrom the California Department of Water Resources/California-Nevada River Forecast Center
Select 1hr to 24hr rainfall maps for northern/southern California, Nevada or detailed California regional maps.
- Climate change and tourismFrom the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK.
Highlights investigation between climate change and tourism with focus on UK. Note UK impacts on tourism from climate change could be similar to impacts on California tourism from climate change.
- The Climate Impacts LINK Project: Pioneering Climate Data ProvisionFrom Dr. David Viner at the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK.
Provides information, access and links to climate change simulation data from Hadley models and other global climate models.