Source: Gourmet, Feb. 1993
NOTE: Ingredients have been slightly modified by Sam
- 2 cups finely chopped scallion
- 2 Scotch Bonnet or habanero chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 teaspoons English-style dry mustard
- 2 bay leaves, center ribs removed and leaves crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 lbs. chicken parts
In a food processor or blender puree the scallions, chilies, soy sauce,
lime juice, allspice, dry mustard, bay leaves, garlic, salt, sugar,
thyme, cinnamon, oil and nutmeg.
Marinate the chicken parts and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up
to 2 days. Grill until done.
- Serves 10 as part of a buffet.