Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Source: Bon Appetit, Feb 1995
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (preferably Italian)
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 6 1/2-ounce cans chopped clams, drained, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound linguine, freshly cooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped parsley and chopped garlic and saute
until garlic just begins to color, about 45 seconds.
- Add reserved clam juices, whipping cream, dry white wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic
salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer until mixture is reduced
to thin sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped clams and freshly cooked linguine to pot and toss until sauce coats pasta thickly, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve, passing Parmesan, if desired.