Source: Bon Appetit, November 1991
- 6 cups frozen lima beans (about 1.5 pounds)
- 6 cups frozen corn kernals (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1.5 cups finely chopped red bell pepper (about 1.5 large peppers)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Cook lima beans in large saucepan of boiling water until almost tender, about
6 minutes. Add corn and bring to simmer. Add red pepper and cook 2 minutes. Drain well.
Return vegetables to same saucepan. Add butter and toss to coat. (Can be prepared
1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Add cream and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Add sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with parsley