Pork Medallions with Chili-Maple Sauce
Source: Bon Appetit April 2007
- 1 (12-ounce) pork tenderloin
- 0.5 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 0.75 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
Cut tenderloin crosswise into 6 slices. Using meat mallet, pound medallions between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add pork; cook until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
Add next 3 ingredients to skillet. Boil until reduced to scant 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over pork; sprinkle with green onion.