Thai Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Source: Bon Appetit, October 1997
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste or 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large Japanese eggplants, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Stir chicken and curry paste in medium bowl to coat. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add eggplant and green beans. Stir-fry until eggplant begins to soften, about
4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil and chicken mixture to skillet.
Stir-fry until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add coconut milk;
simmer until beans are tender, chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens
slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and top with basil.
Serve with rice.
- Serves 2. Can be doubled.