Turkey Burgers with Mushroom Gravy
Source: Gourmet, February 1994
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- cranberry sauce as an accompaniment
- In a bowl stir together turkey, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard and form into two
3/4-inch-thick burgers. Season burgers with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy skillet heat 2 teaspoons oil over moderately high heat until hot but
not smoking and sauté burgers until cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
Transfer burgers to a plate.
- To skillet add onion and remaining teaspoon oil and cook over moderate heat,
stirring, 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sage and cook, stirring, until liquid
mushrooms give off is evaporated. In a small bowl whisk together broth and flour
until flour is dissolved and stir into mushrooms. Simmer gravy, stirring, 5 minutes
and spoon over burgers.
- Serve burgers with cranberry sauce.